There are some tangible reasons why most Ecobank customers want to change the phone number that is linked to their bank account. This guide will cover a practical guide on how to go about it. Without further ado, let us delve in.
How do I change my Ecobank phone number?
The only way to change the phone number that is linked to your Ecobank account is by visiting a branch of Ecobank and reaching out to the customer care unit.
What are the documents required to change mobile number in bank?
Here are the important details you need to put in place before heading to a branch of Ecobank to change your phone number:
- Your full name as it illustrated in your Ecobank account.
- A valid means of identification, such as your NIN slip, National ID card, Voter’s card, Driver’s license, or International Passport.
- Previous Mobile phone number.
- Your residential address and account type.
If you have these in place, then get set for the next practical steps on how to change your Ecobank account number.
- Head to a physical branch of Ecobank that is proximal to you.
- Ask for the customer care unit and go there.
- Politely indulge one of the Ecobank staff to change the phone number in your account.
- The Ecobank staff that is working in the customer care unit will ask you for the requirements that were elucidated above.
- They will review your information, and justify the reason for changing your Ecobank phone number.
- A little patience, and a little luck, and you are set fair! Your phone number linked to your Ecobank account will be changed.
How can I change my mobile number online without visiting branch?
To change your Ecobank phone number online without visiting their customer care service simply follow the steps below:
- Swipe your debit card at the ATM.
- From the list of choices, pick ‘Registration’.
- Select the “Update your mobile number” option after entering your ATM PIN.
- Enter and verify your previous mobile number.
- Type in and verify the new mobile number.
- Both the old and new mobile numbers will receive OTPs.
Possible Reasons Why Ecobank Customers Go About Trying To Change The Phone Number That Is Linked To Their Bank Account
Ecobank phone numbers are not changed at will. When a customer desires to change their Ecobank phone number, there are some reasons why they want to follow such a path. Here are some of them:
Lost Your Ecobank Phone Number
Most Ecobank customers hurry to go, and change the phone number that is linked to their bank account when it goes missing. It might fall into wrong hands, and your Ecobank account will be in danger of fraud.
Changing your Ecobank phone number is a practical way to bar them from accessing your account, and possibly the funds inside it.
Forgot Your Phone Number, And No Longer Have Access To It
Most Ecobank customers resort to changing the phone number that is linked to their bank account when they forget the digits or no longer have access to it.
Most of the time, your phone number might have passed the number of years when it is eligible for a SIM welcome back. In scenarios as such, you have no choice but to change the number that is linked to your bank account.
How do I generate an OTP for Ecobank?
When you use your card to make an online purchase, we are informed and will immediately send a One-Time Passcode (OTP) to the mobile number we have on record for you. On the Ecobank-branded website that appears, enter the OTP to verify your identity. Keep making your purchases as usual.
- How to create Ecobank transfer pin (Easy Guide)
- How to check Ecobank online statement of account (Full Guide)
- How to check BVN on Access Bank online
- How To Activate Polaris USSD Transfer Code (Full Guide)